- 1.5 Litres (50 fl oz) apple juice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- peel of 1 0range
- peel of 1 lemon
You could even use one of those mulled wine spice bags, instead of creating your own spice bag!
- Pour the apple juice into a large saucepan, and add the maple syrup and allspice.
Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange peel and lemon peel into a muslin spice bag, secure with kitchen string and drop the spice bag into the mixture.
- Simmer the saucepan on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture is very hot (but not boiling). Remove and discard the spice bag.
- Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.
If anyone gives this a shot before I do then please, come back and tell us how it went. Perhaps any changes to the recipe!
I am going to try and get some photos up for you all, I have so many waiting but since the Sky Man Never Cometh they are all still waiting!! It is quite frustrating not having the ability to easily pop pictures on here, thanks to all for hanging around, normal service will be resumed as soon as I can!!