Sunday 10 October 2010

Potato Patch Update

I was weighing all of the potatoes that were coming out of the potato plot but once we decided that it was time to dig them all up - it's getting quite wet here and we were worried they would spoil if left in the ground any longer - it appeared that it would take an age to weight them all with my tiny kitchen scales! As a result I decided to just lay them all out and take a photo instead! These potatoes constitute the last of the potato crop and will join the other (approx) 4kg that we already have!

There are various types shown here. The majority of the potatoes you see are the Maris Piper (towards the front of the photo). Right at the back, with almost black skins, are the Blue Danube. Mixed in amongst them are the rest of the Kestrel and Charlottes.

PS. Yes, we drink a lot of Diet Irn Bru, lets hear it for Costco!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well it looks like you had a good potato harvest...I still have some in the ground to dig up yet bit I'm not too worried...I have found perfect potatoes the following year when I am preparing top plant which got 'missed' the first time round...I do endeavour to get them dug up next weekend though.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Please leave a message!