- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 65g (2½oz) cold, unsalted butter, diced
- 25g (1oz) sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 200g (7oz) bar good quality white chocolate
- 284ml carton double cream
- 2-3 bananas
- Sift the flour and salt into a food processor. Add butter and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar and just enough egg to bring the mixture together - use the pulse button to help you. Shape pastry into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30min.
- Roll out the pastry, then press into the base and sides of a 20.5cm (8in) fluted pastry tin. Prick all over. Chill until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170ºC fan) mark 5.
Bake for 12-15min until the pastry has set and the pastry is dry and slightly sandy to the touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- Melt the mascarpone and chocolate together in heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the cream. Fold chocolate into the cream. Spoon the filling into the pastry case and chill. To serve, top with bananas
My Recipe Features on Foodista!