So on my work surface I have:
- Homemade mincemeat for my pies. These are waiting two weeks to let the flavours mature before major pie making commences!
- Dried and salted pumpkin seeds. Nothing wasted from Halloween.
- Currants. Waiting for the making of the Christmas Cakes.
- Garlic. The cloves I am using. The rest I plaited and hung on the wall.
- Dried Mushrooms. I didn't get many mushrooms this year so to make the most of them I have dried them and popped them in a jar. The flavour is more intense this way so I don't have to use as many - stretching my produce.
- Sultanas. Another set of fruits waiting for the big Christmas cake bake! I love these jars, I got them from my grandmother.
- Rice. We use a lot of this so it's good to have it on hand! I'd grow it if I could!
- Vanilla Sugar. I made this a while ago but I love it. It is great in just tea and coffee but it also is good for making sweet pastry!
- Dried Lavender. I bought and grew Lavender specifically for baking and jam making. This was this years produce. Enough for several batches of lavender scones!
- Dried Red Chillies. I have to admit these aren't mine but they are home grown. My chillies didn't work out too great but I was lucky enough to get some from a friend who had a great season for chillies.
- Porridge Oats. Well, you can't live on a farm and not have porridge!
- Spaghetti. Another Farm staple, so always at hand!
What's on yours?....