Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cinnamon Fruit Scones

Cinnamon Fruit Scones
I love making scones and on Sunday I suddenly go the urge upon me! I began in earnest until I realised I had no milk! Farm Guy had finished the last of the milk at breakfast! Oh no, half made scones and no milk, what was I to do? All I had was water, well, water is like milk... milk without the cow.... isn't it?

So I used water instead and the results are pictured! They tasted fine and did as they should, I will give you the recipe as it should have been but I admit these are with water instead of milk!

Ingredients
225g/8oz self raising flour
pinch of salt
55g/2oz butter
25g/1oz caster sugar
150ml/5fl oz milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tblsp sultanas
1 tsp cinnamon

Method

  1. Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
  2. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and rub in the butter.
  3. Heat the milk for 20 secs and add the vanilla essence. Place a baking tray in the oven.
  4. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and sultanas. Add the milk to get a soft dough.
  5. Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
  6. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
If you have been missing the PapaCATzi posts, they will return, we had a 'camera dunking' and are in the process of drying it out!



My Recipe Features on Foodista

1 comment:

  1. I love to make my own scones as I like mine plain without fruit...I often add some cinnamon though!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Please leave a message!