Saturday 16 October 2010

Nursery Decorating Part Two...

So the next step of the Nursery decorating was to add some farm animals to the walls. Now, I was uneasy about drawing directly onto the wall without any help, I didn't want to get it wrong and ruin the great paintwork underneath.

So I decided to draw the animals on paper first and use them as a kind of template when I start painting on the wall.  So far I have five animals drawn, I am not sure how many more there will be as I am painting them to fit around the furniture.

I have drawn the animals about 24 inches square, I think this is going to be a reasonable size on the walls without becoming 'scary giant animals'!

I will let you know how the painting goes and whether the template idea works at all!




4 comments:

  1. these are looking great...can't wait to see them on the walls..are you going with traditional colours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Well done! The nursery is going to look awesome!

    Can't wait to see the finished room...

    Hope you and the wee one are keeping well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Another option is if you borrow an overhead projector and then project the image onto the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what they look like painted on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Please leave a message!